Thousands of blood drives have been cancelled at unprecedented rates. These drives have primarily been cancelled due to public health concerns around congregating in public spaces. This shortage impacts patients affected by situations or diseases, such as:
- Surgical or traumatic emergencies
hereditary or acquired blood disorders (i.e. sickle cell disease, thalassemia, TTP)
- Autoimmune diseases
- Cancer (i.e. leukemia, lymphoma)
- Screening donors for possible symptoms suspicious for the COVID-19 coronavirus
- Taking temperatures of donors before entering the blood center
- Sanitizing the collection area after each donor
- Requiring staff wear face masks
using sterile collection techniques to ensure effective social distancing
Please consider donating to help save the lives of those in need. Locate a donor center nearest you in the table below.
CLICK HERE to view the current status of our national blood supply.